saml auth clear user in globalprotect browser

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

saml auth clear user in globalprotect browser

L1 Bithead

I manage many GlobalProtect VPN environments. One inparticular annoys me, in its portal configuration it uses the Palo Alto web browser for SAML authentication.  As a result .... because I have used the GP web browser for authentication in the past.... I can't seem to clear the user it tries to authenticate with against other GlobalProtect environments who also are using SAML web browser auth via the GlobalProtect browser.    

Portal address --> SAML AUTH --> AzureAD --> GP Browser popup (stuck with username from previous login).

Unfortunately I don't have the authority to change it to use the user's default browser, which would work around this issue. 

How can I clear the logged in user being used in GlobalProtect web's browser so i can login to different GP saml auth portals?

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

We see a similar issue, even when the user clicks the Sign Out button the client will automatically pickup the Windows credentials and automatically connect. We have SSO disabled in the client and Clear Single Sigh On Credentials set to yes.

L0 Member

Have you tried clearing credentials from Workplace Join?

Reset Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise activation state - Office | Microsoft Docs

L0 Member

You need it delete history data from Internet Explorer(Not Edge), Open Internet Explorer by using windows search bar, Then:

karrycrasto_2-1633078086311.png

karrycrasto_0-1633077921527.png

Then, Tick everything below:

karrycrasto_1-1633077998406.png

You will loose all your Internet Explorer History data though, This one only works for SAML based login.  

L2 Linker

Did you ever get this resolved?  What was the solution?

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!