Several client authentication in a Gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Several client authentication in a Gateway

L2 Linker

Hi,

we have a PA-850 running 10.1.8 firmware.

We currently use GlobalProtect VPN using Symantec VIP authentication via RADIUS.

We want to progressively migrate the authentication to Azure AD MFA (already synced with all accounts). I was wondering if I could simply add the new client authentication to the list and use it as a fall back authentication method.

My approach was to remove user accounts one by one from Symantec Database. Then, the user opens global protect which first tries to authenticate against Symantec and after the failure falls back to Azure AD.

is this the expected behaviour? Nothing is mentioned in the documentation 
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/10-1/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-gateways/conf...

many thanks

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!