Find if there's a incident with a name inside a playbook using !SearchIncidentsV2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Find if there's a incident with a name inside a playbook using !SearchIncidentsV2

L4 Transporter

"!SearchIncidentsV2 name:" is not working as expected. Doesn't find any entry.

Example command introduced:

!SearchIncidentsV2 name:"Example of incident name"

Answer:

Incidents found

No entries

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi there!

This is most likely a name mis-match in the search. The SearchIncidentsV2 script will attempt to use the name you provide in a lucene search for the incidents. However, once the incidents are searched for, the name is then used strictly in the filtering.

For example, with incidents that are named "Firewall Config - Enable", I can perform a search using the 'name' argument as "Firewall Config". The search finds incidents that are named appropriately so marks the output as "Found Incidents", but when performing the filtering, they are all filtered out due to the name mis-match ('Firewall Config' does not equal 'Firewall Config - Enable').

If you are using just the incident name and a partial name match, as per the example above, I would suggest using the 'query' argument. In my example my query would be query='Firewall Config*'. The filtering does not then apply (as filtering is done ONLY on name or type).

That being said, the results are slightly mis-leading. I will submit a change that ensures that the "Found Incidents" does not appear prematurely.

Regards

Adam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi there!

This is most likely a name mis-match in the search. The SearchIncidentsV2 script will attempt to use the name you provide in a lucene search for the incidents. However, once the incidents are searched for, the name is then used strictly in the filtering.

For example, with incidents that are named "Firewall Config - Enable", I can perform a search using the 'name' argument as "Firewall Config". The search finds incidents that are named appropriately so marks the output as "Found Incidents", but when performing the filtering, they are all filtered out due to the name mis-match ('Firewall Config' does not equal 'Firewall Config - Enable').

If you are using just the incident name and a partial name match, as per the example above, I would suggest using the 'query' argument. In my example my query would be query='Firewall Config*'. The filtering does not then apply (as filtering is done ONLY on name or type).

That being said, the results are slightly mis-leading. I will submit a change that ensures that the "Found Incidents" does not appear prematurely.

Regards

Adam

L4 Transporter

Thanks Adam,

You are right Lucene Query must be used instead.

Thanks!!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!