XSOAR 6.11 Content Bundle Update via API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSOAR 6.11 Content Bundle Update via API

L1 Bithead

Hello 

We have build a CICD Pipeline to manage Lists in a external Git-Repository. The reason for that is we want to have the option to let our analyst create message templates and config files in a versioned way. Also we don't want that our analyst have to handle the deployment of that files. 

Until now the external repo was relativly small and we could use the "/list/save" endpoint. However this repo is rapidly growing and doing for each file an request is overwhleming the application (talking about 120-150 requests per tenant). We could implement a delay, however even without a delay we have the issue that it takes more then 2 hours to update all our tenants. 

My Idea was to use the endpoint "/content/bundle" and upload all files as a zip file. Sofar so good, only issue is that we get a error message :

JBoehm_0-1719908025087.png

since the endpoint is not documented its a bit hard to guess what the reall issue is.
What i already have seen is that this name "content-bundle...." isn't the name of the tar.gz files i was sending. The original name was 
ABC_pre-prod_1719224927.tar.gz. Also the Folder inside the tar file is called like that. To mimic the bundle structure you can download. 

Does anybody has done this already?

Greetings.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

@JBoehm, have you tried zipping the files as a zip file instead of tar.gz and uploading your lists as custom content using /content/bundle endpoint? I'm a bit confused, as you are mentioning you're already doing this, but also mentioning you're using tar.gz in your comments:

"What i already have seen is that this name "content-bundle...." isn't the name of the tar.gz files i was sending."

Thanks

Hi @AbelSantamarina 

Yes i was start to implementing the conten bundle upload but didn't got it to work since this error message.

Since the endpoint has no documentation i basically watched my network tab in the browser, whats happening if i manually upload a content bundle through the settings, and recreated that behavior in our cicd pipeline. 

I didn't tried zip, since if you download a conten bundle its a tar.gz file and if you uploade that same file its working with no issue. So i would assume that if i create a tar.gz file that shouldn't be an issue aswell. 

Did you have implemented something like this?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!