Import and export size limits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Import and export size limits

L1 Bithead

Does anybody know of any effective size limits on Exped. I have a 32mb Panorama config that I can import after changing the php.ini settings but after removing duplicate address objects, when I generate the XML output, it logs you out immediately. I can see from useing "top" in an ssh session that the processes are still running, and when it calms down, I log in and can download the config files. The only issue is that my 32MB input file is now only about 17M as an export and has half of the stuff missing. 

Has anybody else worked on a config file over 30M and have you been able to generate a config?

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Yes, I have been using a 65MB Panorama file for a project I've been working on with no issues.  I have my file size set to 250MB.

Bob

Thanks Bob, 

What version was that on please?

We tried stripping out some device groups and getting the file size down to 10MB for import, but when we generate the output, it still produces an invalid xml file. It doesnt kick us out of the GUI any more but the config file loses about 40% of it's size. After looking through the config, the Panorma stanza is the same but device-groups and shared loose a load of lines.

Does anybody know if there are particular logs that will show what the issue is?

I'm using the latest version 1.107 I believe. 

Have you tried another Pano file just for kicks and giggles?

Yeah - tried a small file with just two firewalls to check that the VM works - and it did. Going to try setting a blank base file next and selecting one DG to merge.

to upload an import large configuration files you will need to edit the file with the values shown below.

After editing let us know if you are able to import your panporama configuration.

sudo vi /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

Modify:

post_max_size = 250M

upload_max_filesize = 250M

restart the Apache with

sudo systemctl restart apache2

Thank you, I was able to increase the file size using these commands.

Expedition increase upload size 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!