DAGPusher - Add device - Is vsys supported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DAGPusher - Add device - Is vsys supported?

L2 Linker

In a Dagpusher output, I see the VSYS as a column, but when adding device there is no input field for VSYS.  

I checked the code on GitHub for the file at: minemeld-webui/src/app/nodedetail/dagpusher.controller.ts

Seems like maybe the VSYS is not fully implemented as part of add device.

Can anyone confirm whether we can mention VSYS somewhere else for dagpusher device?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @andrew.stanton,

this is supported by the engine but not yet by the WebUI. I will fix this soon.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hi @andrew.stanton,

this is supported by the engine but not yet by the WebUI. I will fix this soon.

Hello @lmori

is there something else to be done besides editing the configuration file of the respective DAGPusher node?

e.g. change /opt/minemeld/local/config/[your-dagpusher-name].yml and add a parameter vsys: vsysN to the firewall for which vsys is to be enabled?

show object registered-ip all does not list any entries after switching into the target vsys.

L0 Member

i found one more thing to modify in order to enable vsys support (for version 0.9.42):

edit file /opt/minemeld/engine/0.9.42/lib/python2.7/site-packages/minemeld/ft/dag.py

change line 139 from:

self.xapi.user_id(cmd=cmd)

to:

self.xapi.user_id(cmd=cmd, vsys=self.device.get('vsys', None))

restart minemeld engine, enjoy dagpusher with vsys support.

Thanks @fest0l, you should send us a pull request !

I am not sure how to submit a patch to github, but here you go.  just pulled from 9.44

Hi @kreeves,

thanks ! I will work on integrating your patch in MIneMeld source code.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!