Ubuntu Firefox GP Web issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu Firefox GP Web issue

L2 Linker

Dear Team,Does anyone have a problem with GP on Ubuntu 22.04 when using Firefox?
Detail: I have an issue when I try to access some websites via Firefox while using GP, Firefox cannot open any of the websites.
When I turn off GP, everything is fine.Need some advice.
GP version is 6.1, Firefox version is latest, pan-os version is 11.0.0

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  Chrome seems to be fine but Firefox can't open any sites.

Hi!

I find some workaround. I downgraded the agent version to 6.0.5-c12. Everything works fine on that version.

As I tested, 6.0.5-c12 is the most stable version for Firefox on Ubuntu 22.0.4

L0 Member

I think this could be a conflict with Snap applications.

I had the same issue on our Ubuntu 22.04 machines. Snap apps try to use the DNS settings exposed via the systemd-resolved API, however, GlobalProtect replaces the /etc/resolv.conf file provided by systemd-resolved which breaks this behaviour.

I found a workaround is to add the following content to /etc/systemd/resolved.conf then restart the systemd-resolved service.

[Resolve]
DNSStubListenerExtra = 127.0.0.1:53

I'm not sure who's in the wrong here. I suspect GlobalProtect because it overwrites the /etc/resolv.conf file in a strange way (sym-linking to its own config file.)

Anyway, I hope this helps for you.

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!