RQL query to check for any Change in role for Instance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

RQL query to check for any Change in role for Instance

L0 Member

I am trying to create an RQL query, which will check if anyone attaches or modify roles to an AWS instance.

I am using the below Query :

event where cloud.account = 'My-AWS' AND operation = 'AddRoleToInstanceProfile'

I did some testing on one of the instances. However, I am not able to get any result.

Please help on the correct RQL

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

I was able to find results with that operation, so I don't think RQL is the issue.  Are you sure the events for your AWS instance is being ingested?

Hi Kchn

If possible can you please share your RQL for our reference to identify the recently modified roles to an AWS instance,?

L2 Linker

Hello @APaul,

Thanks for your good question. I will reuse your query 😀

You could use also 'AttachRolePolicy' or 'AttachSecurityProfile' if you want to be inform on attachment policy on "critical" role.

JB

JB

Hi @JJoly 

I am new to the RQL, can you please share some example queries, please.

Appreciate your help...
Thanks,
VJ

L2 Linker

Hey,

event from cloud.audit_logs where cloud.type = 'AWS' AND operation in ('AttachSecurityProfile', 'AttachRolePolicy')

Could be interesting for monitoring role and policy but you should specify a list a critical roles that you want to monitor.  

JB
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!