Add a new field in Jira XSOAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new field in Jira XSOAR

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I have integrated Jira in XSOAR, while editing a Jira issue I can see following fields:

Himangi_2-1693836453910.png

I want to update resolution field of Jira from XSOAR. I tried using {"fields":{"resolution":{"value": "SIEM - Benign Positive"}}} in issuejson under jira-edit-issue.

Can anyone please assist how can I achieve this.

Thank You.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Himangi, I think for the resolution field it needs to be "name" not "value". Refer - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/How-to-set-jira-resolution-state/qaq-p...

If this does not work, I would suggest talking to the Jira admin and trying the API call via cURL or Postman first. As the above article suggests, in some cases you might need to transition the Jira ticket to update the resolution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Himangi, I think for the resolution field it needs to be "name" not "value". Refer - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/How-to-set-jira-resolution-state/qaq-p...

If this does not work, I would suggest talking to the Jira admin and trying the API call via cURL or Postman first. As the above article suggests, in some cases you might need to transition the Jira ticket to update the resolution.

Hi @jfernandes1 

I want the Resolution field in XSOAR like other fields are there for example issueid, summary, etc.
Can you assist how this can be done..

Himangi_0-1693990534118.png

L5 Sessionator

Hi @Himangi, Please note that "issueid" and "summary" are not fields, they are parameters to the "jira-edit-issue" command. If you need a new parameter for resolution, you will need to modify the integration code on your server and add the new parameter to the command. 

You can create a custom field for resolution in XSOAR and add it mappers and layouts. But this will NOT change the parameters in the "jira-edit-issue" command.

Also as per you original question, did the solution work? If so, please mark it as the accepted solution. It helps the community and us. Thanks. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!