cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Create clean Notes in the layout

L4 Transporter

Hello,

We'd like to create Notes in the layout. We can use the option "Mark results as note", but it shows the command executed. We'd like to show a clean note, nothing else.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hello @Josep

There is no out of the box command to create a note but I'm sharing below a custom script that does exactly that. 

To use it, you will pass in the note you want to create and a tag (this is useful if you want to sync the note to ServiceNow using its default syntax, i.e. comments). Please see an example below:

!CreateNoteWithTag Note="This is a note" Tags="For Revision"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi Josep! Happy to be of assistance!

The action Mark as Note is literal, and will add the complete output to the note including the command. The simplest workaround I would recommend is to simply copy the output, paste it into the war room as text and hit enter.

The output should show without the command, and then you can mark that as a note. You also have the added benefit of being able to track who created the note, as otherwise it would show demistobot.

If you wanted to make this more automatic, you could build a script that queries the notes section and outputs notes without the command, but it may be more time consuming than it’s worth. If you wanted to take that path, I recommend checking out this documentation link: https://docs-cortex.paloaltonetworks.com/r/Cortex-XSOAR/6.6/Cortex-XSOAR-Administrator-Guide/Add-a-S... .

Hope this helps!

L2 Linker

Hello @Josep

There is no out of the box command to create a note but I'm sharing below a custom script that does exactly that. 

To use it, you will pass in the note you want to create and a tag (this is useful if you want to sync the note to ServiceNow using its default syntax, i.e. comments). Please see an example below:

!CreateNoteWithTag Note="This is a note" Tags="For Revision"

You are the best @AbelSantamarina,

The script works perfectly, thanks!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!