Issue with Microsoft Graph Mail Single User Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Issue with Microsoft Graph Mail Single User Integration

L1 Bithead

I am attempting to integrate Microsoft Graph Mail Single User into our XSOAR platform for Custom. However, I encountered some issues during the process.

Errors Encountered:

1. When providing the key, I received the following error:
    "Please use !msgraph-mail-test instead (85)" [Error timestamp: July 20, 2023 3:40 PM]
  2. When I removed the key, I received this error:
    "Script failed to run: Error: [Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 3597, in <module> File "<string>", line 3500, in main DemistoException: Key must be provided. For further information see

https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/articles/microsoft-integrations---authentication]" [Error timestamp: July 20, 2023 3:46 PM]

Steps Taken:

1. I followed the integration steps as outlined in [above link].
    2. I ensured that the XSOAR platform is running version [6.11] and the Microsoft Graph Mail Single User is [
      1.5.7 5786478].
      Any help or guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

L3 Networker

This is, unfortunately, working as expected.

The problem is that msgraph-mail requires the integration cache for it's authentication to work correctly because it stores long lived tokens in there. Conversely, the "Test" button doesn't allow access to the integration cache because the idea is that it could be run to test settings without actually saving an integration and creating an integration cache for it. Hence, if you want to test connectivity for this integration you'll need to use the msgraph-mail-test command rather than the built-in test function.

vhebri_0-1690088129313.png

1)  msgraph-mail-test command is disabled. 

vhebri_1-1690088194577.png

https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/microsoft-graph-mail-single-user

in dev docs it is not mentioned that do not test by the Test botton. 

L2 Linker

Is the integration in enabled state? If the integration is disabled, command would be disabled as well

Yes, your correct it was disabled. now its enabled but it is showing same authentication Error.

vhebri_0-1690259740716.png

Error says there’s issue with credentials. Please verify your credentials by clearing it out and reentering it. You can also run the command with debug-mode=true which will return a log file you can look at for detailed error message returned by the API. If after that you still continue to have issues, you can open a support case to get assistance with support. 

we are getting same error about credentials.  the credentials are generated by link given by the integration !

vhebri_0-1690431869688.png

L3 Networker

Did you use a self-deployed azure app? The authentication code generated in this process is only valid for a matter of minutes so if you don't set that and then run the auth test command within that time period authentication will fail.

L3 Networker

@vhebri most likely your credentials are expired so try to reset the context (it could be something like msgraph-mail-auth-reset) and rerun mail-test to initialize the integration context.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!