Using the Customer Service Management ServiceNow Plugin with Cortex XSOAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using the Customer Service Management ServiceNow Plugin with Cortex XSOAR

L0 Member

Hello all,

I wanted to share the following procedure I worked through to use the existing XSOAR ServiceNow V2 Integration with the Customer Service Management plugin for ServiceNow. 

This topic came up during a customer engagement and I was able to work up the below steps to use the create/update/get/delete record commands in the existing integration with the CSM plugin. These commands allow free access to the various tables in ServiceNow, and as such you must be aware of which tables are accessed by the plugins you are working with. This can be found in the ServiceNow plugin documentation. For example, the tables for the CSM plugin can be found at the ServiceNow CSM documentation page.

In the case of the demo video below, I leveraged the sn_customerservice_case table which houses data for cases within the CSM plugin. The specific column names can be found in the ServiceNow interface by navigating to 

https[:]//YOUR_TENANT.service-now[.]com/now/nav/ui/classic/params/target/table_columns.do  

and selecting the appropriate table from the plugin. It is important that you use the column name rather than the column label for each XSOAR command. 

A video demo of this integration is available below:

---

The permissions needed for your SNOW service account are shown below:

image.png

Once permissions are configured and your integration is setup within Cortex XSOAR, you can then create cases in the CSM plugin using the following example commands:

!servicenow-create-record table_name=sn_customerservice_case fields=`short_description=Test from XSOAR;comments=Test Comment 1`
!servicenow-update-record id=${ServiceNow.Record.ID} table_name=sn_customerservice_case fields=`comments=Test Comment 2`

I hope this helps everyone out there should you run into a scenario where you want to leverage SNOW plugins rather than standard incidents, tickets, etc. 

Josh

Unix is user friendly, it is just picky who its friends are.
1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Thank you for sharing this info with the community, @Josh_Levine!

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!