cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

GlobalProtect Portal require :443

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I have an issue where we need to input <firewall IP Address>:443 in order to connect. But some of my users does not require the :443 to connect to the VPN.

Screenshot as shown below,

KevinNg_0-1726118355889.png

Any way that i dont even require :443 to be connected to the VPN?

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

@Kevin-Ng wrote:

Hi All,

I have an issue where we need to input <firewall IP Address>:443 in order to connect. But some of my users does not require the :443 to connect to the VPN.

Screenshot as shown below,

KevinNg_0-1726118355889.png

Any way that i dont even require :443 to be connected to the VPN?

Why are you defining the port in your portal config?  You shouldn't need to.  Using tcp port 443 is a part of the normal inherent configuration of the Global Protect VPN service.  You should only be putting in the resolvable FQDN of your portal.  Natively the connection will use tcp/443 or if configuration in your config IPSec as a primary option.

Also review your security policy and make sure you aren't blocking the tcp/443 connection for some of these users.

L1 Bithead

Hi @Brandon_Wertz , reason why is because when our user is using without :443 in the portal, we have no issues but after a period of time, they have issue connecting. So we tried our ways, and we add in the :443 onto the portal (it solved the issue).

We think it might be due to the caching, so i tried signing out, clear browser cache and close the globalprotect portal and re sign in again and it fixed our issue.

But this is not a permanent fix, it will occur again so want to check if what is causing this connectivity issue?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!