GlobalProtect Welcome Page for network links

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Welcome Page for network links

L2 Linker

I have been  testing out using the Welcome page for the Global Protect client as a landing page for network links.  The old appliance had a user friendly set of links for the average user.  Right now the basic web links for email or www pages work fine.  I have two types of links that don't seem to work though.  Any ideas?

Code:

<a href="file://///fs/share$/ts1.lnk">Terminal Server 1</a><br>

<form action="file://///fs/share$" target="_blank">

<input type="submit" value="Network Drive">

</form>

Both will launch a black IE screen (even if IE is not the default browser) and then give an error dialog box.

-Server Busy-

"This action cannot be completed because the "" program is nto responding.  Choose "Switch To" and correct the problem.

Clickable boxes are "Switch To..." and "Retry".  The Cancle box is greyed out.

I can click either box without any impact, the dialog box just comes backup until I end task out.  The code works fine normally but not when launched in the Welcome Page from GlobalProtect client.  Anyone seen this or better yet, conquered this?

Thanks,

Todd

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi Todd,

Can you try using the following format and check if it works:

<a href="\\fs\share$\ts1.lnk">Terminal Server 1</a><br>

<form action="\\fs\share$" target="_blank">

<input type="submit" value="Network Drive">

</form>

I was not able to test it completely as I did not have any network location to open. Also could you let me know what do you want to acheive with Terminal Server 1 hyperlink, it looks like it opens a shortcut file ?

Thanks

Same error.  The idea was to open a network share or start a RDP session to an old Terminal Server (2003) from the two links.  RDP had to be a link as the Welcome page info I found, said only html code is supported.  The html page works fine if I launch it locally on my system.  It just will not work from the Welcome Page display.

L2 Linker

Finally traced the problem to user credentials.  Each link is being passed without prompting for the network credentials (Active Directory in our case).  If we open a network share prior to running the links, we get the AD challenge box.  Once we login the links will start working.  Not sure if this ever helps anyone but at least we know why now.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!