TLS Syslog cert import

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TLS Syslog cert import

Not applicable

Hi all,

Certificates, can anybody help?

I have a cert syslog-ng.cert that ArcSight logger auto-generated and I want to import this on to the firewall as a "Certificate for Secure SYSLOG"

It imports OK as Base64 encoded PEM format, with the option to import a private key disabled (if I choose this I need to give a Key File or a Passphrase...which I don't have).

But once the valid cert is loaded I do not have the option to make it a "Certificate for Secure SYSLOG".

Something must be missing from syslog-ng.cert, Logger has openssl installed so if I could figure out the syntax to produce a key that the firewall will be happy to use for SYSLOG.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards

Richard

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hello,

Certificate for Secure Syslog—This certificate enables secure forwarding of syslogs to an external syslog server. ( it should not be a CA)

certificate.JPG

Syslogng must access end entity and CA certificates in order to negotiate SSL connections. All default, user imported or generated CA certs must be loaded into Syslogng’s CA directory.

Thanks

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!