Create Slack Channel from XSOAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Create Slack Channel from XSOAR

L0 Member

I am attempting to create a Slack channel from XSOAR using the slack-create-channel command.  After a few minutes, I get the following error:
"Reason

Error from SlackV3 is : Script failed to run: Timeout Error: Docker code script failed due to timeout, consider changing timeout value for this automation, Error: Failed to decode (loop) data from docker code script: unexpected EOF This may happen when you don't return an explicit entry (or entries) from a script. for entry structure please review the 'Script Helper' (2605) (2604) (2603)"

Is there a list of permissions in Slack that the automation needs, or is there another issue that may be causing this issue?
Cortex XSOAR 

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

@RSaunders3,

Following the steps in the documentation here, you should be able to create channels. 
These are the steps:

1. Create a new workspace in Slack.
2. Follow steps here: https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/slack-v3#creating-a-custom-app
3. Follow steps here: https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/slack-v3#installing-the-app-to-your-workspace
4. Input Dedicated Slack channel to receive notifications config, in my case it was testing.
5. Add bot to dedicated Slack channel by @ing the bot and choosing Invite to Channel.

If after following these steps the account can't still create channels, please try to create a channel from the GUI first and then try again. 
Thanks. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!