XSOAR - Simple Dev to Prod Job

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XSOAR - Simple Dev to Prod Job

L1 Bithead

Was looking at running a backup job for our custom content with the below playbook.

https://cortex.marketplace.pan.dev/marketplace/details/XSOARSimpleDevToProd/

The issue with this is it checks for Demisto REST API to see if the instance Demisto Dev had been created.

The Demisto Rest API has been depreciated, so the call !IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable, always fails.

Since I cannot install the Demisto Rest API content pack, I edited the Automation script to check for Core REST API instead, and that is successful. I haven't dug into the playbook enough to see if it would run, or if there were specific commands for the Demisto API version that would cause it to fail.

Was wondering if anyone was using this content and had similar issues?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Correct. I made two changes in total:

I duplicated IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable and edited line 5 to be brandName = "CORE REST API" instead of brandName = "Demisto REST API". 

I then duplicated 'JOB - XSOAR - Export Selected Custom Content' and edited the task "Is the Demisto Dev REST API integration instance enabled?" to use the new IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable script I just modified.

Alternatively you could remove that task entirely and the Yes/No branch. Then, you wouldn't have to modify the Automation Script, but in the end, I felt the check was worth keeping around. Plus, I'm new to XSOAR and wanted to try the more complex way of doing it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

I too tried it out this week and ran into the same issue. I had to update the Playbook 'JOB - XSOAR - Export Selected Custom Content' to use my duplicated and fixed version of the automation script before it would run successfully. But the resulting export did work fine.

Thank you for the info,

Just to verify: You copied and edited the IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable Automation to use "Core REST API" instead of the Demisto one.  Then pointed the playbook to the new/duplicated automation.

I just want to make sure I'm not breaking anything when I run the new automation.

L0 Member

Correct. I made two changes in total:

I duplicated IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable and edited line 5 to be brandName = "CORE REST API" instead of brandName = "Demisto REST API". 

I then duplicated 'JOB - XSOAR - Export Selected Custom Content' and edited the task "Is the Demisto Dev REST API integration instance enabled?" to use the new IsDemistoRestAPIInstanceAvailable script I just modified.

Alternatively you could remove that task entirely and the Yes/No branch. Then, you wouldn't have to modify the Automation Script, but in the end, I felt the check was worth keeping around. Plus, I'm new to XSOAR and wanted to try the more complex way of doing it. 

L4 Transporter

I'm the author, this Pack will likely be deprecated when XSOAR 8 is the standard, I'll submit a fix to have it account for either the Demisto Rest API or Core Rest API integrations.  

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!