Tech Support Files Fail to download for VM firewalls - Over 1Gb in size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Tech Support Files Fail to download for VM firewalls - Over 1Gb in size

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I have 7 VM series firewalls including 4 in Azure. They are all running 10.1.4h4 and I notice they all fail to download tech support files. The tech support file are all listed at over 1Gb

GUI – Fails to download if over 1Gb. When downloading from panorama by switching the context the page times out and takes you back to panorama. When logging in locally to the FW the file gets to exactly 1Gb and fails. I have tried Firefox and Chrome.
CLI (SCP) – Fails to find path to local SCP server.
CLI (TFTP) – File times out after around 250Mb
CLI (SCP directly to support portal) – Shows as completed however the file never shows up in the portal

I was able to find a temporary fix. It appear the log file "vm_license_response.log" bloats well over 1Gb in size. I deleted it and restarted our VM firewalls and was able to download the tech support files. The tech support file went from 1.4Gb to 40-50Mb in my case. I'm not sure a reboot is required however I wanted to ensure there wasn't an issue recreating the files. After about 20mins I noticed the files have started to bloat again over 30Mb in size. I have a TAC case open and I hope to get a permanent fix.

delete debug-log mp-log file vm_license_response.log -> You need to use the admin account

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @MichaelAshton

Thanks for sharing the temporary fix/workaround.

Were you able to get a permanent fix in the meantime ?

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi Kiwi,

The permanent fix appears to be updating the VM-Series plugin on Panorama to 2.1.5. The bug id is PLUG-10024. This also causes the file system to reach 95% weekly. I applied the plugin to all of my VM series firewalls, deleted the file manually and rebooted. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!