PA500 SSL decryption problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA500 SSL decryption problem

L3 Networker

To Palo Alto:

Not sure where to report this but today we have identified a problem with SSL decryption on our PA500 firewall.

The problem was that certain SSL encrypted webpages did not display correctly anymore. Websites that were in our excluded categories like banking/financial displayed correctly.

Disabling SSL decryption fixed the problem. Enabling SSL decryption again and the problem returned.

We had this problem before with an older PAN OS version (7.1.2). After we had upgraded to version 7.1.8 the problem did not occur for a long time (since March this year) until today.

I was able to succesfully failover to our passive firewall and reboot the one that was giving problems.

After the reboot it successfully failed over again and the problem was resolved.

Not sure if this is a known issue but I thought I would mention this nevertheless.

Remko

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!