ResponseError: MISCONF Redis WARNING

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ResponseError: MISCONF Redis WARNING

L1 Bithead

I have been noticing my Minemeld instance doing funny things like not being able to log into the web portal and getting a bad gateway. In short I have to restart the Minemeld service. I found the following error.

2019-10-07T17:41:54 (64580)basepoller._poll ERROR: Exception in polling loop for dshield_blocklist: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.
Traceback (most recent call last):

redis.exceptions.ResponseError: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.

So I checked the Redis logs:

4228:M 07 Oct 20:00:59.925 # WARNING: The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128.
4228:M 07 Oct 20:00:59.925 # Server started, Redis version x.x.x
4228:M 07 Oct 20:00:59.925 # WARNING overcommit_memory is set to 0! Background save may fail under low memory condition. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.
4228:M 07 Oct 20:00:59.925 # WARNING you have Transparent Huge Pages (THP) support enabled in your kernel. This will create latency and memory usage issues with Redis. To fix this issue run the command 'echo never > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled' as root, and add it to your /etc/rc.local in order to retain the setting after a reboot. Redis must be restarted after THP is disabled

So I found the Ansible build instructions for add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf

However I don't see anything for the other 2 WARNINGS. I am tempted to follow what it says but don't want to break something.

Anyone else confirm these extra things to set. They weren't in the setup instructions.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!