General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

root partition available space reducing

I have a VM-500 ,PANOS-10.2.8-h3.root available space is decreasing and is now only 3%.

I usually run below commands which sometimes can get me 1 or 2%. I have aggressive cleaning at 90% enabled. Why is creeping to 97% even with aggressive cleaning e

App-ID 'hotmail' false positive?

Hello,

after our recent newsletter distribution, we now see lots of blocked App-ID 'hotmail' in traffic directed to our web servers. Those are requests to HTML resources (images) just referred to from Hotmail website, most likely Hotmail users reading

gstrehl by L1 Bithead
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes

AOL Mail

Hello,

Has anyone been experiencing any issues with using AOL Mail through a PAN device since last week? I'm assuming AOL changed the behavior of their webmail site and now sections of the portal are not available - such as the inbox.  Errors also pop

CRHC by L4 Transporter
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Likes

SYSLOG Issue after upgrade

Hi Team,

I just upgraded my PaloAlto to 11.1.3. after upgrade we faced issue that syslog receied delay log. 

"debug log-receiver statistics"

Logging statistics
------------------------------ -----------
Log written rate:

What encryption is my SSL connection using?

We're on 9.0.9 and want to turn on the feature allowing users to connect to GlobalProtect using SSL if there is a need.

Is there anywhere in the Monitor tab you can look to find what encryption is used for a particular users connection?

I read this w

FQDN security policy

Our internal servers connects to a server on internet . There are existing FQDN based security policies. The destination FQDN resolves into multiple ip addresses . I am seeing few allows and denies for that particular destination URL on paloalto traf

P.Gandla by L0 Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Cannot connect to management server

Dear All:

I had meet this problem for three times ,and It comes again , I can ping

the Management port with a low delay , but can not login through the https

and can login from SSH, but without any cli , I can't typing . and always

"Oct 30 12:21:13 Erro

j.guo by L1 Bithead
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes

configure ha in different locations

hi,

I have 2 palo alto and I have them in different buildings and I want to set up an HA between them how can I do it without just pulling a direct cable I want it to go through the network infrastructure.

Kind regards

DHCP Lease Issue

• Device details:
    • Model - PA 3020
    • Software version - PAN OS – 8.1.3

• Problem Description:
    • Please be informed that we are frequently encounter DHCP lease full (100%), and it cause interruption for our users at region side.
    • Customer side have two vlan for

Resolved! Palo Alto Security Profiles Suggestions

I am seeing that we have different Palo Alto provided Security Profiles that we can map to the security policy. What would best strategy to test it first in lower environments before rolling onto prod ?

We just want to make sure it should not creat

7.1 Dataplane CPU Utilization

I'm curious how many people out there have had high dataplane CPU utilization ever since updating to 7.1?  We updated to 7.1 so that we could decrypt additional ciphers and ever since updating we've had abnormally high dataplane CPU utilization which

• 23720 Posts
  • 104 Subscriptions
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels