General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

interface down

Hi,

i have problem show interface down 

ethernet1/10 73 ukn/ukn/down(autoneg)

i can see error in brdagent logs as below. 

2024-08-20 22:33:51.537 +0700 PORT10: board_port_autoneg_linked -> board_port_autoneg_enabled, link: 1, mode

DHCP Relay

I have a strange intermittent problem with DHCP relay.  I have it setup on all our firewalls, PA-220, and they relay to servers in the data center (Windows 2016).  At some point the relay stops sending offers.  I can see the discovery packet and no o

bschaper by L2 Linker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes

Syslog Custom Format for Splunk

I'm trying to get the firewall to send before and after change detail to splunk. I've tried various formats in Custom Log Format, but any changes I make result in no logs being sent to splunk. What is the correct format for Custom Log Format when usi

connection issue about security-client

as doc descibe , Cloud connection should be connected 

admin@paloalto-vm-10.1.9> show ctd-agent status security-client

Security Client Dlp(0)
Current cloud server: dlp.hawkeye.services-edge.paloaltonetworks.com:443
Cloud connection: disconnected
Con

Resolved! Convert management-only Panorama to panorama-mode

So I've added a 2048 GB disk:

admin@panorama> show system disk details

Name : vdb
State : Present
Size : 2097152 MB
Reason : Admin enabled

When trying to switch system mode, this happens:

admin@panorama> request system system-mode

Palo Alto Firewall

I am planning to setup the LAB environment where I want to run Palo Alto firewall. I am looking for latest version image. How can I get the image? Also need help on steps to achieve it. Thanks!

PA USER-ID - WILL A 64BIT VERSION BE RELEASED?

It appears that there are newer version of the user-id application but looking at the install documents, the new versions are also 32 bit.  Is there a time frame on when Palo will come out with a windows 64 bit version?

RRAPP by L1 Bithead
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes

Intermittent UserID - Syslog Parser -

Anyone see this behavior? we are using syslog parser string for userid, no logout action, timeout set to 45 minutes ( default). You can see here that a flow within the same second shows a userid and then blank with same source address. FW running 10.

NSutfin_0-1723726668467.png
NSutfin by L2 Linker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes

For AD user password reset option

We have seen that whenever a domain password is  going to expire for the SSL VPN user, the Global Protect client on the user's system starts flashing a message that the password will expire soon. We want to know if there is any possibility to embed a

SurajN by L2 Linker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

Log forwarding - Filtering and Auto- tag not working

Hi there,

I had setup Log forwarding profile, where I am sending All logs to syslog server. Thats working great.

Then I added one more line where I am filtering threat logs for (severity eq critical) and (zone.src eq internet_zone)

Checking f

LogForwarding.png
MatchingList.png
filter.png
Action.png

Netflix issue

Good day,

Just got off a meeting with one of our users. We have a standing policy wherein Netflix is blocked within the campus premises. We explicitly created a rule to block all banned applications right on top of the security policy stack, netfli

Virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting - SNMPD

Hi , 

i am running PAN-OS 10.1.10-h1 with PA-7080

we encounter issue on system alert showing SNMPD Virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting 

Im not notice any strange behaviour in Palo Alto, i dont know if this error should produce any impact.

• 23653 Posts
  • 104 Subscriptions
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels