General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

change the name on a GP portal and gateway

Is is possible to rename an repurpose a global protect portal and gateway? I have one named student that is not being used but I want to repurpose the IP's and save myself from rebuilding a new one by just renaming and reusing student portal and gate

jdprovine by L4 Transporter
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Panorama - unable to use log disk

New Panorama 9.0.5 install. Panorama was successfully installed in a VM on a single disk. Needed space for a log volume so a second disk was created and attached to the VM. VM was rebooted, disk added using “request system disk add sdb”, disk is visi

Password changed for user admin

Hi all,

Yesterday we noticed a line in the Monitor tab that made concerns:

But none of the administrator changed the password for user admin.

When checked the logs if this user has logged in on Monitor tab, there was no login with this username admin in

changed_password_admin.png

Issue with user detection on terminal server

Hello everyone,

We're having an issue with our terminal server agent software on multiple terminal servers running Windows Server 2019.

The problem lies in recognizing users who are logged on to these servers. The TS Agent sees the users on the T

PA not be able to access internet

Dear All, 

I have a PA-1410 and the box do not have internet connectivity and below are the configuration, when i do trace route i see the next hop is showing 192.168.1.1 (mgmt interface) instead of 192.168.1.100  (ethernet1/1) and unde

piaakit_0-1721201899741.png
piaakit by L1 Bithead
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes

Telemetry decided to stop sending

UPDATE: This was a bug and was fixed after installing 10.2.10 

I have seen a couple others post this same issue on Reddit but figured this would be the place to ask. Does anyone know how to kick telemetry back into a working state? It was working

Resolved! IPv6 on public interface

Dear all,

I'm ttrying to get IPv6 up and running but so far without much success.

My ISP assigend a /48 range to me and they are saying I need to use DHCP. AFAIK, DHCPv6 is not supported, but NDP is.

Assume my IPv6 prefix is

abcd:1234:5678::/48

So I ena

New Public IP Block-NAT

We have our PA connected to our ISP via /30's and they gave us a /28.  We have a SilverPeak sdwan appliance behind the PA and are NAT'ing it's WAN interface from 10.5.1.2 to x.x.x.50.  We can reach the SilverPeak on 443, but when we noticed it's not

jasongorman_1-1721182677357.png

Dual ISP Failover with site to site VPNs

Hey everyone,

Just started with Palo and was researching the optimal way of configuring ISP failover to include automatic failover of site to site tunnels.

Is there a reason to use PBF over static route removal?

Based on the reading date I was doing tod

Evahi21 by L1 Bithead
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

trouble with GRE tunnel to Netskope

Scenario: Panorama managed VM-700s. 10.2.9-h1. using template stack. Netskope is a cloud web proxy.

We setup new tunnel interface, GRE tunnel, static route, network monitor, allow rule, no-NAT rule, and PBF. We use a PBF because Netskope requires i

Ultra super mega slow reboot/update time?

Hey people, so I am currently upgrading one of our PA-820 Cluster from 10.1.6 to 11.1.2-h3. Is it is normal that 1 upgrade step takes around 20 minutes per Firewall? I feel like updating our Palos is taking sooooo long compared to our Fortis. In the

Resolved! dns-signature cloud service unavailable

Hello, everyone,

we have had this message in the system log for two or three days, is there currently a problem with the Palo Alto Cloud?

Does anyone else have this message too?

Thank you.

kenanuenal_0-1664544750819.png
  • 24008 Posts
  • 102 Subscriptions
This widget could not be displayed.
Top Liked Authors
Labels