Firewall and Panorama - live update design an architecture

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall and Panorama - live update design an architecture

L1 Bithead

I wanted to get a consensus from the community how do you design the firewall architecture to procure updates on the hourly, quarter hourly frequency nessistated by Next Gen firewalls. 

Do you deploy a bastion host which panorama can reach out and get the updates and trickle them down on a schedule?

Do you provide in dataplane (edge firewall) upgrade capabilities thru security rules for firewalls, as well as let Panorama assist?

Personally I rely on both, as I have had several issues with panorama syncing or loosing connection with adopted management device in device groups. 

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!