Trouble installing Palo Alto cert on MineMeld Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trouble installing Palo Alto cert on MineMeld Server

L1 Bithead

Hello there

I'm Using Minemeld version 0.9.68 (Ubuntu)

PA version 8.1.12

I'm attempting to install a PA cert on the MineMeld server using this guide:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/minemeld-articles/how-to-generate-new-minemeld-https-cert/ta-p/...

BTW - I'm using a Windows machine, and I use putty to SSH into the MineMeld server.

I have no problem exporting the cert (it gets saves as a .txt file in windows). However this is where my luck ends.

Step 4 says "The pem file that you generated will have both the private and public key so you need to split the two. This is how I did it, you may have a better way.  The file is readable so you can copy and paste the sections into two different files or use the CLI commands:

[minemeld ~]$ cat cert_minemeld.pem | awk 'split_after==1{n++;split_after=0} /----
-END CERTIFICATE-----/ {split_after=1} {print > "minemeld" n ".cer"}'

This command does execute but it creates 2 .cer files with incorrect formatting.

So as a work around, I deleted these newly created files and instead used pico minemeld.cer to create a new file and paste the top part of the text file into it, and pico miemeld1.cer to paste the key part of the txt file into that.

Then..

[minemeld ~]$ sudo cp minemeld.cer /etc/nginx/minemeld.cer

This command works.

However, the next command does not:

[minemeld ~]$ sudo openssl rsa -in minemeld1.cer -out -out /etc/ngnix/minemeld/minemeld.pem

Ok - even when I remove one of the "-out" parameters, I get the following error:

unable to load Private Key
139786609165976:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:pem_lib.c:701:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!