General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

BGP Peering Issue

Hi All,

I have an issue with maintening a BGP Establish connection. Essentially the setup is the Palo Alto to two peers to allow for resilience if one BGP peer fails. If one peer is established it stays stable. If I enable the path to the second peer

a.jones by L3 Networker
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes

Enquiry on Password Expiry and Change Period

Description:

I have queries on Password profile This has to do with the settings “Required Password Change Period (days)”. We created a password profile to test this setting and to avoid affecting the rest of the users. We set this setting to 3 (da

Shared Content Preview

Working on a 1410 and while everything appears to be working correctly, I noticed if I export the configuration in cli in set format, I have a number of lines that start with:

set shared content-preview application

The firewall has never been man

DJ_1924 by L1 Bithead
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes

Identifying Preferred/Recommended PAN-OS Versions

I recently upgraded 2 locations of 3420s and 3410s to 10.2.10h4 from 10.2.7h8 and it looks like Palo Alto has included a feature that will identify the "preferred" software versions.

This is a pretty neat feature native in the GUI which will hel

Brandon_Wertz_0-1725895914916.png

Resolved! Changing zone name in 100 security policies?

Hello Experts

I want to change the zone name. There are 100 security policies associated with that zone. How I can do it quickly, like is there any replace pattern command available (like in Juniper) to replace th zone name any where in configuration

Resolved! PA460 app summary no data to display

Hi all,

PA460

Version 11.1.0-h2

i need some advise regarding the issue i am facing right now in monitor -> app scope --> Summary  [Top 5 Bandwith Consuming Source (last 60 Minutes) ] Showing No Data to Display but the other column is displaying w

72c04153-45dd-4593-b886-697ef0503f53.jpg

Secondry ISP not able to ping form external.

I have two ISP connected to my firewall.
1. ISP1 is in untrust zone and default route configured metric value is 10.
2. ISP 2 is in WAN1 zone and default route metric value is 15.
3. Both ISP are in same virtual router.

I am facing one issue i cannot

Resolved! Two Default gateways with different priority

Hi Guys,

We have two isp links (ISP1 AND ISP2). We have defined to default gateways and set the ISP1 less priority so that all internal traffic will take ISP1.

for example

0.0.0.0/0 ethernet 1/1 next hop 76.45.146.22 admindistance 10 metric 1
0.0.0.0/0

irshad.n by L1 Bithead
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 23693 Posts
  • 104 Subscriptions
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels