General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

For AD user password reset option

We have seen that whenever a domain password is  going to expire for the SSL VPN user, the Global Protect client on the user's system starts flashing a message that the password will expire soon. We want to know if there is any possibility to embed a

SurajN by L2 Linker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

Log forwarding - Filtering and Auto- tag not working

Hi there,

I had setup Log forwarding profile, where I am sending All logs to syslog server. Thats working great.

Then I added one more line where I am filtering threat logs for (severity eq critical) and (zone.src eq internet_zone)

Checking f

LogForwarding.png
MatchingList.png
filter.png
Action.png

Palo Alto Firewall

I am planning to setup the LAB environment where I want to run Palo Alto firewall. I am looking for latest version image. How can I get the image? Also need help on steps to achieve it. Thanks!

Netflix issue

Good day,

Just got off a meeting with one of our users. We have a standing policy wherein Netflix is blocked within the campus premises. We explicitly created a rule to block all banned applications right on top of the security policy stack, netfli

Virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting - SNMPD

Hi , 

i am running PAN-OS 10.1.10-h1 with PA-7080

we encounter issue on system alert showing SNMPD Virtual memory limit exceeded, restarting 

Im not notice any strange behaviour in Palo Alto, i dont know if this error should produce any impact.

Nested Device Logging

Hello, 

We have set up some nested device groups, to allow for easier policy management and, as expected, when viewing traffic in Panorama we see the logs for both device groups in the parent device group and only child device group logs in the chi

Firewall is not forwarding logs to the Syslog server

Hi everyone! 

I am kind of bummed on why my syslog configuration is not taking effect.

I have 2 pairs of firewall, PRD(2 firewalls) and DR(2 firewalls). Both are in HA setup and managed by Panorama. My syslog configuration in DR and PRD are just

Multicast - troubleshooting

Any tips/advice how to test multicast? Should I be able to do a ping from a firewall interface included in the Interface Group to a multicast address as a test?

Also from Runtime Stats on the VR, I do not see anything showing under the Multicast ->

clewis1_0-1724153163868.png
clewis1 by L3 Networker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Roll Back GlobalProtect

Does palo seriously not provide a way to roll back GlobalProtect?  TAC told me there is no documentation on how to do that. 

PANOS upgrade plan in excel sheet for a year

Hello Experts, 

I have been asked to provide a plan to upgrade Palo Alto firewalls within a year and I have almost 430 Palos in the environment. I need help creating a sample plan with timelines and what columns I should use in this plan. If someo

p.mohan by L1 Bithead
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

New to the community

Hello all,

I am working as a Security Engineer currently and I am learning and working on Palo Alto Networks.

During exploring, I came across Palo Alto LiveCommunity and I see there is so much technical content here to browse and learn.

I am look

Config Audit Failure

Hello~

Does anyone know this failure message that we use Config Audit for compare configuration?

Thanks!

(PA-3020, v6.1.4)

Failed to create config file!

image002.jpg
neilwu by L2 Linker
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! PA-450 Software Check Now Not working

Hi,
When I check the version update on the PA-450 firewall I use, it does not show new versions. The version I am currently using is 11.1.3. When I check from the software section, it does not appear in the version I installed. Has anyone encountered

Webpages are loading very slow

Hi!

Me again, I apologize. I am currently out of troubleshooting tricks.

So here it is. I have configured my Source NAT, outbound-to-internet and default route. All are good. No issue. Traffic is hitting the correct Rule and NAT.

The thing is, th

• 23724 Posts
  • 104 Subscriptions
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels